A potential list of demands for the occupy movement has finally presented itself. I’m still working on a post covering my overall thoughts – this will have some effect, but my main points of contention remain. Here it is, for those of you inclined to peek at it – I’ll pick it apart in detail later today/as I have time to do so!
This is a constantly adapting document – and it’s a meaty one. I’ll explain more in detail, but my immediate thoughts –
- This seems like a lot of policy, very quickly
- Many of the issues are overtly partisan
- Explanations of propositions are simplistic and full contextual links are not always provided
- Too many issues at once risks alienating potential supporters more then it will attract them
- A significant portion of the movement feels that publishing any demands is wrong, and it speaks volumes of their motives