WHAT’S THIS? ANOTHER CONTENT DROUGHT??
I know, I’m a terrible person.
This should help me start on the path of redemption, however.
I am running a one hour friday afternoon broadcast from 4pm to 5pm on KSDT, UCSD’s campus radio station (that isn’t really a radio station). I’ve been spending the past month getting mentally ready and psyched, and as usual – utterly burying myself in the news and reading several books. The first broadcast will be this friday! And turn-around on the show -should- be very quick.
This show is meant to appeal to a broader audience – it will be a lot like Skeptic Conservative but this time, with a pair of co-hosts and a sprinkling of professional production – and a broader reach!
Yet another step on my path towards becoming a better broadcaster. Since the show is an hour shorter then anticipated (I wanted a two hour slot), Skeptic Conservative -will- continue and it’s possible – depending upon how my colleagues feel – that either we see a few fresh faces on the podcast OR we’ll do a side supplemental show to the primary internet stream.
I am very excited to get this project rolling, and I’ll share more information as the week goes by. You all are, of course, invited to listen in to the internet stream on Friday, and I’m still in the midst of figuring out the best way to get folks to participate before, during, and after the show.
In Sum, the major goals of this whole deal are:
- Coordinate a small team to produce a short show
- Get practice doing pre and post show meetings
- Rapid turn around of recorded broadcasts to youtube and the internets
- More On Air experience with a (used to be) legit station (resume boosters!)
- Improving my monologuing skills by encouraging my cohosts to throw things at me every time I make a mistake. (Filler words, run on sentences, failing to remember names, mispronunciatons, spoonerisms, and more)